Home Builders Insurance

Facebook | Builders Insurance Twitter | Builders Insurance LinkedIn | Builders Insurance Google+ | Builders Insurance

Trauma Cover for Builders

Builders Insurance Requirements

2011 December 6

Builders are a tough bunch. We work hard, many of us play hard, and it's easy to fall into the trap of believing that we are invincible.

Unfortunately, no matter how strong and healthy we think we are, there are serious illnesses out there that can turn our world upside down. As a self-employed builder or contractor, we don't have the protection of sick pay or other employment benefits, and often we are left on our own.

How would you and your family cope if you suffered a critical illness or event such as a heart attack, cancer or stroke? Would you be able to survive financially and keep your business alive?

One of the best ways for builders to protect themselves against the financial impacts of critical illness is to take out trauma insurance.

Trauma insurance pays a lump sum amount if you suffer a critical illness or other serious medical event. There are dozens of conditions covered under a trauma insurance policy, however the specific conditions can vary from one insurer to the next.

How trauma insurance helps

Builders can benefit greatly from holding trauma insurance. A critical illness might not kill you, but it will certainly knock you around and keep you off the worksite for months, or potentially years in extreme cases.

The funds from a trauma insurance policy can be used for many worthwhile purposes. It can be used to reduce debt and relieve financial stress, and can also be used to cover expensive medical bills not covered by private health cover.

Suffering a critical illness without any insurance can leave you heavily exposed. Building is a capital intensive business to run, and many builders carry large amounts of debt. Without having any insurance to keep these debts under control while your earning ability is affected, you could quickly find your business running into serious financial trouble.

By having the right trauma insurance in place, a builder can ensure that they still have a business to return to once they have fought through whatever condition they have suffered.

Choosing the right builders trauma insurance

Trauma insurance policies are generally quite similar at a basic level, but once you delve into the fine print and the conditions covered they can start to vary dramatically.

The difference between two policies can be the difference between a successful claim and a denied claim. This doesn't necessarily mean one policy is bad, it just means that different policies suit different people.

Your occupation can be a factor in determining which insurance company or policy is going to suit you best. The best advice is to use a financial adviser who knows your industry, which in the case of a builder means using an adviser or broker who specialises in builders insurance.

Here at builders insurance we have a network of financial advisers and insurance brokers throughout Australia who know the building and construction industry and know the range of insurance products available.

If you would like more information or a quote on trauma insurance or any other type of builders insurance, give us a call or simply complete our easy online quote request form.

Start your quote...

Income Protection

Public Liability

Builder's Pack

What makes us better?

1. Lower Premiums

Our team will work hard to find the best deal on your insurance. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, we'll do our best to match it.

2. Less Hassle

Our online systems allow you to get your quotes faster and get your cover in place with the least amount of hassle.

3. Big & Strong

We only use strong and reputable insurers for your cover, giving you peace of mind knowing that you'll be looked after at claim time.

4. Expertise

We're the experts when it comes in insuring builders. It's what we do, and we do it well.

5. No Call Centres

You won't be dealing with a random person in a call centre each time you speak with us. Instead you will be assigned to a single adviser or broker (depending on your needs) who will look after you.


Public Liability Insurance
Income Protection Insurance
Life Insurance
TPD Insurance
Trauma Insurance
Tool Insurance
Builders Warranty Insurance
Owner Builder Insurance


Builders Insurance Brokers
Builders Insurance Australia
Insurance for Builders
Builders Insurance
Builders Insurance Qld
What Insurance do Builders Require
Trauma Cover for Builders


This website contains general information only and does not take into account your personal needs and objectives. You should not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified professional.

The information contained within this website is for your information only, and by completing an online enquiry your details will be referred to a suitably qualified and licensed professional.

This website is owned and operated by Equita Financial Services Pty Ltd (Equita).

Equita does not hold an AFSL and is not authorised to deal in financial products.